Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th!

Did you know that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died July 4, 1826? I didn't know this until yesterday and found it intriguing.

Nashville has fireworks on the 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th! The 4th it's choreographed with the Nashville Symphony and it's crazy awesome! Yesterday my boyfriend and I rode our bikes downtown for a picnic on the pedestrian bridge to watch the fireworks, and as part of the LGRAB summer games!



Bike picnic



We got there right around sunset time. Note the General Jackson showboat! The night was actually the 25th birthday celebration for the General Jackson.

Nashville Skyline at Sunset



Isn't my boyfriend cute? :)
My baby


Waiting for the sun to go down.
Fixie in the City


After an hour of waiting through some horrendous country music (Does anyone who is actually from Nashville like country?), it was fireworks time!
Nashville fireworks

That is a composite image of four fireworks pictures from last night. In my next post I'll tell you how to layer up your fireworks pictures in photoshop for optimal awesomeness.

<3

1 comments:

Trisha said...

Why hello fellow Nashvillian! thanks for playing the games. That's a great place for a picnic...